Kawasaki FR730V engine will try to start and when you turn the key off it hums or whines like it is still trying to start

bcayce21

Threads
  • / Kawasaki FR730V engine will try to start and when you turn the key off it hums or whines like it is still trying to start
What causes the bolts to shear? Did you figure it out?
No I didn't figure it out. The engine ran fine till I gave it full throttle. I gave full throttle to cut the blades on to mow.

Hardluck

Threads
  • / Kawasaki FR730V engine will try to start and when you turn the key off it hums or whines like it is still trying to start
Thanks. Very strange I hope someone can help figure that out. Just doesn't make sense to me.

bcayce21

Threads
Thanks. Very strange I hope someone can help figure that out. Just doesn't make sense to me.
Doesn't make sense to me either. Since the mounts were part of the engine and the part that sheared off was cast aluminum, I don't think there is much hope of fixing it

Hardluck

Threads
Oh no that is not good.
Expensive.

Hardluck

Threads
You can a good welder fix it if you still had the broken parts but may not solve the problem if you can't find what caused it. I think a new engine is around 4k! That's probably about half the price of a new mower!

bcayce21

Threads
You can a good welder fix it if you still had the broken parts but may not solve the problem if you can't find what caused it. I think a new engine is around 4k! That's probably about half the price of a new mower!
Yes sir it is. I just bought a new mower. The old mower was commercial grade but it was a 2008 model. So I just thought it may be time for new one

Hardluck

Threads
Sorry about that. Did you buy the same brand? Did they at least give you a good trade?

bcayce21

Threads
Sorry about that. Did you buy the same brand? Did they at least give you a good trade?
I didn't trade. But I did get a great deal and the new one has a bigger engine. I would like to get the old one fixed. If i can get it fixed then I will give to someone who really needs one.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Should be able to get a new engine for around $2300.00 even for a FX series engine. What kind of starter did you put on it OEM or after market. If you would always post the Engine model and spec. no and model and serial no of the mower it would make thing a lot easier to access the information you need.