Kawasaki FR651V will turn over but will not start

Bobby 63

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have a Exmark Quest with a Kawasaki FR 651V engine, i was mowing and it just stopped. since trouble shooting i have done the following :

good clean gas--check
clean fuel lines --check
checked seat switch--check
checked compression and spark plugs--check
replaced carb--Check, installed new one same problem.
the mower will run off of carb cleaner as long as you keep spraying it in the carb.
any suggestions on where to look next? i read on one thread that someone else had this problem, what did you do to fix the issue.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
i have a Exmark Quest with a Kawasaki FR 651V engine, i was mowing and it just stopped. since trouble shooting i have done the following :

good clean gas--check
clean fuel lines --check
checked seat switch--check
checked compression and spark plugs--check
replaced carb--Check, installed new one same problem.
the mower will run off of carb cleaner as long as you keep spraying it in the carb.
any suggestions on where to look next? i read on one thread that someone else had this problem, what did you do to fix the issue.

You say it will run off carb cleaner?

So, what provides the fuel to the engine?

The carb!

Do you have a supply of fuel to the carb?
Float and needle in carb working?
Is the solenoid opening on the bottom of the carb to allow fuel in to the fuel jet?
Is the jet clean and unobstructed?
Is choke working properly?

Bobby 63

Forum Newbie
Threads
yes i have done all of that, in the thread i have replaced the carb with a new one, complete with cut off valve, still won't run.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
yes i have done all of that, in the thread i have replaced the carb with a new one, complete with cut off valve, still won't run.

Again...IS THE CUT OFF VALVE OPENING!!!!!!!!!

Bobby 63

Forum Newbie
Threads
i was looking for answers not sarcasm, yes it is opening it is also new, i really don't need all the !!!!!!!!!!! and the caps is insulting like your hollering.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
i was looking for answers not sarcasm, yes it is opening it is also new, i really don't need all the !!!!!!!!!!! and the caps is insulting like your hollering.

OK, What does being new have to do with it opening?

Bobby 63

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have had it off and turned the key on it works as designed, the bowl is full of gas and no jets plugged.
i was looking at it and the cut off valve was hot as i had the key on, this seems suspicious to me, would the voltage regulator be the problem?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The cut off valve is a solenoid so it will generate heat during use.
Usually the fuel flowing through the carb keeps it cool.
IF you can run the engine by shooting shots of fuel down the carb throat, then the carb is not allowing fuel to enter the cylinder .
This is regardless of what you have cleaned, checked or replaced the fact remains that no fuel is going into the engine, end of story.

Shooting the starting fluid into the engine proves that the throttle valve is open, the valves are working and the spark timing is right.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
The cut off valve is a solenoid so it will generate heat during use.
Usually the fuel flowing through the carb keeps it cool.
IF you can run the engine by shooting shots of fuel down the carb throat, then the carb is not allowing fuel to enter the cylinder .
This is regardless of what you have cleaned, checked or replaced the fact remains that no fuel is going into the engine, end of story.

Shooting the starting fluid into the engine proves that the throttle valve is open, the valves are working and the spark timing is right.

MAYBE A BAD FUEL PUMP?

I wonder if fuel runs out if he loosens the solenoid on the bottom of bowl?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When people come into the shop they get asked
When did it start to play up & what did you do to it directly before it started to play up ?
This is done because unless the mower suddenly stoped deat it is usually the last thing, like tipping in fuel that was bad.
So we know what is happening now but what was happening before.
Fuel pumps have a one way valve in them for instance.
Fuel tank outlets clog up .
Some fuel solenoids are polarity sensitive .

In your case elimination might be a good idea.

You can slip the carb off, leave it connected, turn it sideways turn the ignition on then blow air * high volume low pressure is best, through the carb.
Put your hand on the outlet side , if it is not dampened by fuel then the carb is not flowing.
Replace the fuel solenoid with a bolt and see if it sprays fuel out then.
Pinch the fuel tank of your push mower, hook it up to the carb and see if that sprays fuel out.