Kawasaki FR651V puff of smoke on start up

Lawn Addict
Threads
I started my 2021 Liberty Z 48 Kawasaki, Wednesday only 41 hours on it.,. Upon starting I got a tiny puff of smoke.. Instantly cleared up, & ran flawlessly as usual.. But the puff of smoke was something I never noticed before. Although I haven't been watching it closely. It does not use any oil & is well maintained..

Any input ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is an idiosyncrasies of Kawasaki engines .
IF it rapidly gets more intense then it can be a sign the engine is overheating so check under the blower cover for debris .
going the the next thicker oil can over come it.
Some say using full synthetic also "fixes" the problem however it does not
Synthetics burn at a lot higher temperature & are ash less so the same tiny amount of oil passes through the cylinder when you start , it just does not make smoke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks Bert- I have had the blower housing off end of both seasons so far.. Clean.
Running the K-tech 20-50 as Dealer prescribed. & Only 40 hours on it so far. So it's not broke in yet..

It was a very hot / humid day, when I started it to mow. We have been in a heatwave. But it is kept in the garage.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Last 2 mows since this thread have been well, no puff of smoke. I do idle down a bit longer when finished mowing, since that happened.

Last edited: