Kawasaki FH500V

Lawnranger

Threads
I don't give out personal information for the whole world to see.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
they want 400.00 to do it

You will probably do more than $400 in damage to this engine if you try this yourself.

Just going by the questions asked, such as what are the necessary tools, tells me you have no tools and no experience doing this sort of repair. This is not the place to start.

Get a second opinion to see if the $400 estimate is reasonable. Then, hire the shop to do the repair. You'll come out WAY ahead.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
I was just wondering where just to see how close you where to me:) @lawnranger

Lawnranger

Threads
You will probably do more than $400 in damage to this engine if you try this yourself.

Just going by the questions asked, such as what are the necessary tools, tells me you have no tools and no experience doing this sort of repair. This is not the place to start.

Get a second opinion to see if the $400 estimate is reasonable. Then, hire the shop to do the repair. You'll come out WAY ahead.

I agree 100%

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
i may end up doing that however i am pretty sure i can do this with a few pointers

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
i may end up doing that however i am pretty sure i can do this with a few pointers

Just to figure out what kind of pointers you might need, why don't you tell us about some successful engine repairs you've done in the past? Cars, trucks, motorcycles, mowers...anything.

Trying to figure out where your self confidence is coming from.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
I have 5 mechanics In our neighborhood would be more than happy to come help me do it. I have helped rebuild top end of a old 280 . I probaly have the tools and i want to save the 400.00 +tax With the mechanics and this forum i think i can do it