kawasaki 19hp blows the fuse

wmroth

Forum Newbie
I have an old exmark zero turn (model LHP19ka465 serial # 657447) that when I turn the ignition key to the on position the fuse (purple wire) blows. I have check the wiring hardness for shorts but nothing. I disconnected the pto and fuse still blows. any suggestion?
 
If the Kawasaki has the three terminal regulator then you first unplug the AC wires from stator and test. If it still blows the fuse unplug the B+ terminal and test. If still bolw with the regulator completely disconnected then you have a short on the mower side of the wiring harness.

You can also perform the following test if you have VOM or DMM testers.
1662904171633.png
Note: the meter probe position across the top are positive (+) Lead and the meter probe position on left side down is the negative (-) lead.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top