Just starting

Lohman mows lawns

Threads
I am in 7th grade and just starting my company any suggestions marketing tips and tricks you vets can tell me

Threads
I am in 7th grade and just starting my company any suggestions marketing tips and tricks you vets can tell me

For marketing you could ring people's doorbells that haven't shoveled their driveway yet and ask if they would like you to do it for a certain amount of money. Also, you could hand out flyers if you know it is going to snow in a couple days, or just hand out flyers in the beginning of the season. What has worked for me is also having a yard sign advertising my services.
***See your other thread (http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/general-mower-discussion/12914-markiting.html) for more marketing details.
Good luck! :smile:

mowerman1999

Threads
You could put a buisness card in your nearest shop window it might cost a little bit but someones going to look at it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Tips and tricks, do it right. You are aware that when you talk about starting, advertising and marketing a business that there are certain requirements you need to meet. Like a License, Tax I.D, and or DBA and a few other things. You may want to take a look at this link and a few others before you jump in feet first. Most all states require similar steps.

Pa Lawn Care Business License Requirements Lawn Care

wjb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Rule 1 Service the customer
Rule 2 Service the customer
Rule 3 Service the customer
These rules are 60% of success

Proper book keeping and money management is 20%
The other 20% is knowing the business inside and out

I don't know if the percentages are correct I can tell you is you don't obey the first 3 rules you wont have to worry about the rest because if you don't have customers you don't have income

Threads
Rule 1 Service the customer
Rule 2 Service the customer
Rule 3 Service the customer
These rules are 60% of success

Proper book keeping and money management is 20%
The other 20% is knowing the business inside and out

I don't know if the percentages are correct I can tell you is you don't obey the first 3 rules you wont have to worry about the rest because if you don't have customers you don't have income

I agree to that 100%. The key is to stay organized. You can manage things better if you are organized.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Tips and tricks, do it right. You are aware that when you talk about starting, advertising and marketing a business that there are certain requirements you need to meet. Like a License, Tax I.D, and or DBA and a few other things. You may want to take a look at this link and a few others before you jump in feet first. Most all states require similar steps.

Pa Lawn Care Business License Requirements Lawn Care
I replied a while back to a thread started by user Lohman mows lawns, mentioning liability insurance. I've never looked into starting a business, but I can sense that the advice given by user Ric should not be taken lightly. It's one thing for a 7th grader to mow a few neighbor's lawns, but if he were my son and he was talking about seriously "starting a lawncare business" my advice would be very simlar to user Ric's(I wouldn't be happy with my son if I had to deal with a client that filed a lawsuit against my son, and my son didn't even have the required licensing, etc.).

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I replied a while back to a thread started by user Lohman mows lawns, mentioning liability insurance. I've never looked into starting a business, but I can sense that the advice given by user Ric should not be taken lightly. It's one thing for a 7th grader to mow a few neighbor's lawns, but if he were my son and he was talking about seriously "starting a lawncare business" my advice would be very simlar to user Ric's(I wouldn't be happy with my son if I had to deal with a client that filed a lawsuit against my son, and my son didn't even have the required licensing, etc.).

The thing I look at is I don't mind the kid down the street mowing a lawn to make a little side money. It's when they take it in mind to start a business and don't know or understand the risk involved to them and what the consequences can be. I don't believe they know that if they do damage to someones property it's not them that pays, it's there parents. The kid has no license, no insurance, a lawsuit can cost the parents there home and everything they own.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads

As far as marketing make as many friends as you can on Facebook and post it a couple of times a day. Any kinds of groups that you can become part of post it on their walls as well. That got me a lot of work this past summer. As for as the other stuff listen to the other guys on insurance and licenses.

jameshobbs

Threads
The thing I look at is I don't mind the kid down the street mowing a lawn to make a little side money. It's when they take it in mind to start a business and don't know or understand the risk involved to them and what the consequences can be. I don't believe they know that if they do damage to someones property it's not them that pays, it's there parents. The kid has no license, no insurance, a lawsuit can cost the parents there home and everything they own.

Agree 100 % A kid mowing a few lawns in the hood for summer money ,I am all for it. I did it !
But what hurts / piss's me off is, Johnny red neck riding around with his riding lawn mower in the back of his truck and mowing lawns for $ 20.00 bucks !
The guy has no license, no Tax ID # , no insurance, on nothing !
I can not pay my guys and all the licenses, taxes & insurance, and make money for 20 bucks a pop !