Export thread

Just ordered a new X-One for cemetery assoc.

M

Mad Mackie

Hi Troops,
I'm new here on the Hustler group but I'm an old timer with power equipment. The cemetery assoc of which I am a member just had an engine failure on their 1993 Excel 260K, not bad for a 19 year old machine, 2,100 hours on the Kohler Magnum 20. Over the years I've maintained this machine but never did a decarb or valve adjustment on it, my bad!!!
Anyway, it was time for a new machine and we chose an X-One with a 60" rear discharge deck, however going to take some time for the dealer to get us one. The dealer has delivered a loaner machine but side discharge. The two old Gravely two wheel machines have seen 5 or 6 new machines pass by and they are still running however they don't get used much.
Last fall I had an X-One on order for spring delivery as I had won a contract for maintaining a large condo complex, but when a new manager came on he canceled all contracts so I canceled the order for the X-One. This new manager and I have a court date coming up!!!
I have a Scag Tiger Cub and an Ingersoll GT both with collection systems. The Ingersoll is a 1989 and it is on it's 3rd engine and has 2,600 hours on it so I was looking to replace it with the X-One.
I'm looking forward to spending time with the cemetery's new X-One when it arrives. I'm going to bring the old Excel 260K to my shop and see what is ailing it and possible revive it, but this is a winter project!!!
Mad Mackie in CT

M

Mad Mackie

Took delivery of the shinny new X-ONE today! Nice machine!! We put it right to work mowing the cemetery lawn. The selling dealer took our old Excel 260K with a stuck exhaust valve.
The 60" rear discharge deck has blades that turn in opposite directions so I will need to get a set of spare blades as they are different from the side discharge machines. We have a MojakPro hoist which will make cleaning and blade replacement much easier.
Later
Mad Mackie in CT:biggrin: