Just bought a ZT Avenger first mod

1ofU

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, here's a mod I did on the mower ,I bought it Friday went with the Kaw motor ,
anyway, my other mower had arm rest which for me is a must have , at the dealer I didn't
even notice no arm rest on the mower , well after getting it home and started to mow it hit me
no Arm Rest . went on line to see what Bad Boy offered for the Avenger I didn't see anything on their
website , didn't call the dealer to see what they had , I went on Ebay to look and see what they had
they had some but on there but didn't like the price way over a hundred bucks and didn't say if it
would even fit the Avenger , so I made my own used a set of arm rest from a old office chair
all i had to do was use 5/16 carriage bolts 3 inch , made a 1 inch spacer out of aluminum bar stock
trimmed the arms on the length that fit my elbows / forearm good mounted them to the seat , on padding
i used the foam you use on water pipe you can get it at Lowes etc.. , then for a cover used a pair of my old
socks for the arm rest . this mod worked out good for me , now if you want to try this get you a old office chair
but have no means for a spacer you can use anything like a broom handle , drill a 5/16 hole or a 1/2 pipe nipple
cut 2 # 1-inch pcs .. Hope this helps anyone that needs a arm rest that is a cheap mod .
mEYrFkm.jpg

4AShCU1.jpg

z1AAksF.jpg

nkLYA1y.jpg

Tpevt5G.jpg

MLwTaRf.jpg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Now that where my socks went...

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sock it to me ... Cool.

1ofU

Forum Newbie
Threads
2 nd # Mod was a hitch with a 1 7/8 ball

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ya mean something like mine.. AFTER.JPG

1ofU

Forum Newbie
Threads
yeah I used 4x4 angle 1/4 thick 7 inches long ..

Lawn Addict
Threads
(y) Wow, beefy, careful to not tow too much weight.

1ofU

Forum Newbie
Threads
yeah i use a small trailer to do yard work , as needed .
think i will fab out a front bumper probably out of aluminum
tube stock 1.75 OD

2710meQ.jpg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cool, see you cut 45* on each corner.. Definitely should help save yer shins..

My yard wagon is small too, & can dump easily. Very helpful..