Just bought a Toro....so disappointed !!!

seadog99

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had a Toro recycling mower for the past 15 years, that ran well but was starting to cost $$$ to keep it going...the engine was fine but the drive train kept dying.
I decided to get another Toro, and settled on model number 20333...personal pace, recycler/bagger with the blade control, and the B&S engine...brought it home from an independent dealer in the box, which I had opened and inspected...unfortunately I couldn't see that the front wheel was broken...brought it back and got another...mowed about 1/2 the lawn and the self propelled function stopped working!!!...is this typical Toro quality?!?...now I have to haul it back again and get my money back...so pissed!!!...are the Hondas any better??

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Disagree, Toro makes a good mower and you purchased a great model. This is why I always recommend buying from a dealer. Please post the serial number. I think I know the problem and will be able to help you solve it. I think that you got a 2011 model and the big box store didn't do the recall update as they were instructed.

seadog99

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the quick reply...I actually bought it from a dealer, not a big box...all he sells is lawn and garden equipment....it is definitely a 2011, and he explained that to me...I bought this one because I wanted the B&S engine....the serial number is 311026091...thanks in advance for any help

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I may be wrong, but according to my bulletin you machine has a recall to replace some bracket mounting screws. Look to see if there is a black check on the ID plate. There should be one if it has been done. No check means someone screwed up, and didn't do it before sending it out. Back to the dealer for a short discussion.