Just bought a Lawn Boy 7265

mmanter

Threads
Hey guys,

I've heard so much about how cool and nice the Lawn Boys are so I decided to buy one to restore. I wasn't really looking for one but ran across one for $25 in my old neighborhood. It was such a good deal that I snagged it up. The handle is a little rusty, wheels need replacing, and the pull cord doesn't seem to turn the engine but I'm hoping to have the mower running soon. Pics to come soon!

mmanter

Threads
And next in line is a Lawn Boy 5271. Getting that one for $20 from the same guy.

mmanter

Threads
And next in line is a Lawn Boy 5271. Getting that one for $20 from the same guy.

Passed. He upped the price to $30 even though the ebay auction for the same mower is $19.99. Said he would pull the auction & sell it to me for $30. and has a craigslist ad at $35 for the same mower.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ohio is a great place for LB collecting. Here in Georgia, I never see deals like that... let alone two great deals in one week. :thumbsup:

mmanter

Threads
The guy countered with an offer of $25 and I was going to accept but then I noticed in the pics that the deck was repaired with a piece of sheet metal and pop rivets in front of the RF wheel. Looks like part of the deck is missing. It's only worth parts & since I don't need any more parts mowers I'm passing.

mmanter

Threads
He confirmed the deck on the 5271 is cracked so I decided to pass but he also has a 10040 for the same price of $25 so I am gonna pick it up Monday after I get off work

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
The guy countered with an offer of $25 and I was going to accept but then I noticed in the pics that the deck was repaired with a piece of sheet metal and pop rivets in front of the RF wheel. Looks like part of the deck is missing. It's only worth parts & since I don't need any more parts mowers I'm passing.

Yeah, something like a cracked deck kills the value of the mower as a collectible.

While I love the D-series mowers I have managed to collect, the newer F-series engine is better (IMO), although less rare in good condition. The main bearings on the F- are needle bearings as opposed to bushings (D-series.) The F- also has a larger displacement.

If you keep your eyes open, I imagine you'll find some great deals.