Johnson evinrude xd30 oil

beg

Threads
I have been using johnson xd30 oil in my lawnboys and it seems to work great with less smoke and no fouling issues.xd30 has a fuel stabilizer additive and in an old manual I was reading it states NOT TO USE ADDITIVES.But fuel stabilizer cant hurt anything cant it?I would agree that some carb cleaners such as chem dip b12 would eat up some parts but I have put a few drops in a surging f motor and in 30 seconds it was running better with no surging.Is this a good oil to use?Should I buy another gallon I dont think they will be making it forever as they {the EPA] wants all 2 strokes banned.lawnboy2 008.jpg

jp1961

Threads
I use Valvoline multi-purpose 2 cycle oil (has a picture of a lawn-boy on it). I've read in one of my owners manuals not to use 2 cycle outboard oil (I think my Ryobi string trimmer), but I'm not sure why. I think everybody has their favorite oil.

Jeff

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
2-cycle oil for water-cooled engines is not the same as those used in 2-cycle air cooled engines. The air cooled engines run much hotter. I would not recommend interchanging them, even I you have had good luck in the past.

franchi

Threads
Hi:

I was just warned by Stihl of chainsaw fame NOT to use any 2 cycle oil that is designed for outboard engines! The reason was that is is much thinner than regular 2 cycle oil. This is to help it go through the oil injection lines on outboards! It is NOT suitable for their chainsaws. Ergo Lawnboy mowers?

I hope this helps,

Franchi

beg

Threads
you guys are right about the oil weight and engine temp. I was informed an air cooled engine can get to 330 degrees where a boat motor is what 190 or 200?the xd 30 is made for pre mix apps but its thin.I am going to go with the Mobil 2 stroke oil.thanks for the advice I could have ruined most of my fleet.lawnboy2 006.jpg