John Deere Z225 runs sluggishly when blades are engaged

rhschmi

Forum Newbie
Hi All,

I'm hoping you can help me with a problem I'm experiencing with my Z225. The engine starts and runs fine, even when riding it around. After engaging the mower blades, after 5-10 seconds the engine repeatedly starts to die and kick back in again. It will eventuually die completely if the blades are left engaged. If I disengage the blades before the engine dies, it smooths out and is fine again. I've performed all normal annual maintenance including changing oil and oil filter, air filters, fuel filter, and spark plugs. It has a single cylinder Briggs and Stratton engine. Any suggestions / assistance would be appreciated.
 
check the belt make sure its not drag gin on something and routed right and also check your spindle bearing make sure there free and not bad bearings heating up and binding
 
Back
Top