Repairs John Deere Wiring Harness

Robert4844

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone know where I can get a Wiring harness for a Scotts S-2046 Riding Lawnmower

Robert4844

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just what would the reason be to replace the complete wiring harness?

The harness had some bad wires and shorted inside the frame where they run on the right side they burned very bad and I cannot tell what wire goes to what the wires are melted together and cannot see the colors of the wires

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The big problem I see here is you aren't going to find a harness unless maybe you might find a used one??? I have fixed many burned up wiring harnesses. Take the old harness out and lay it out. cut the covering off. at this point you should be able to replace ONE wire at a time. I have found it burns in one spot and you can follow the wires even if the wire covers are burned off. Just take your time and don't just start cutting wires. I do really hope you luck on finding a wiring harness but it isn't the end if you don't. By the way find out what made the wires burn in the first place. ONE WIRE AT A TIME:thumbsup:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
See my post in the ...... Small Engine & Mower Repair section ( also click on the pic ) its the harness you might be looking for . :smile:

Robert4844

Forum Newbie
Threads
The harness had some bad wires and shorted inside the frame where they run on the right side they burned very bad and I cannot tell what wire goes to what the wires are melted together and cannot see the colors of the wires

Do I need all of the wires or can I do away with the safety switch section?And Just wire from key switch to solinoid to starter?

RoperGuy

Threads
As long as you know better to disengage the blades and leave in neutral/clutch in you can by pass all the safety's with a single wire