John Deere Wheels

Craftsman13

Threads
Hello guys!
I recently acquired a used John Deere tractor from my neighbor since he was not using it. My grass is very thick and the tractor struggles to cut it sometimes. Also it leaves a big mess of grass clippings all over the yard. Bagging isn't an option for me so here's my question. Is there anything I can do to raise the mower up a couple inches? My thoughts were to buy bigger wheels but that seemed pretty expensive.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't know how talent you are but maybe spacers under the rear axle and extend the king pins or maybe shorten the mower linkage???

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello guys!
I recently acquired a used John Deere tractor from my neighbor since he was not using it. My grass is very thick and the tractor struggles to cut it sometimes. Also it leaves a big mess of grass clippings all over the yard. Bagging isn't an option for me so here's my question. Is there anything I can do to raise the mower up a couple inches? My thoughts were to buy bigger wheels but that seemed pretty expensive.

You can raise the deck up more by moving where the deck lift hangers mound to the deck.

The easy and best thing is to just cut the grass when it needs cutting.

So this time you cut one inch higher then next time back to grass clippings and clumps everywhere.

If you cut your grass every 7 days you will spend less time cutting grass then if you cut it every 14 days and it will look better.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))