John Deere Saber Trans-axle locked up

XEET1969

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good evening... kinda,

I have a John Deere Saber that has been running like a Deere... sorry had to say it, but during my last mow I ran over a tomato cage and it wrapped up in the front tire only. I put the transaxle in neutral and killed the motor. Removed the wire cage from around the front tire and wheel and then got back on to fire up and get moving again. Problem is I can no longer get the transaxle to move into gear, forwards or backwards. It's like it's locked up. I killed it and went to pull the free wheel shaft at the back to disengage the transaxle and then went to push it back up to the front. It will not move. I've rocked it, kicked it, cursed it and nothing. I finally dragged it up to the front and lifted the rear end into the air and it free spins with each wheel moving in opposite directions, but when I try to engage the drive by pushing the handle forward, the handle will not move one bit. It will not move forward or backwards. I've looked to see if there was anything wrapped around anything and I see nothing. I have no clue where to begin. Any suggestions?

Steven