John Deere S240 wheel hub grease fittings

nikalseyn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an S240 with 72 hours on it and I always log when I grease the deck, mower,change oil, etc., However, when I follow the periodic maintenance sheet from JD it shows a wheel hub grease fitting on both front wheels, on the inside of the wheel as I always had on my LA140, 145, etc. There seem to be none on this machine. I apparently assumed when I greased the machine previously that there were none and JD no longer thinks they are necessary. Am I starting to lose it in my old age or am I going blind and unable to see them anymore. All other grease spots/fittings are as shown in the manual and the two wheel hub fittings are also shown to be greased---but there are none on my machine. What gives?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If your mower has a bush then it must be greased.
However Californian models apparently do not have them because they can leak grease onto your grass & end all life on the planet.
Slide the wheel off and see if there is grease on the inside.
Some of the wheels have badly fitted grease nipples that fall out in use .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Also some JD mowers front wheels are fitted with sealed bearings instead of bushings. And looking up the S240, the IPL does shows that JD used these sealed ball bearings. Therefore it makes sense that there is no grease zerks.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Also I wish helping posters would actually take the time to up the IPLs instead of just guessing. But of course they may not have the time just like the local Post Master don't have the time to read the addresses on mail and sent to which Bill Baker that comes up first but there is three different Bill with the same last name in her coverage area. What happens is mail get return causing payments and bills to return to senders.
s240.JPG