John Deere RER

Fireman 123

Well-Known Member
Thought I'd share a couple pics of my S92. Not sure of the year but this thing is built like a tank. 11 HP Briggs, 38" cut. I also have a bagger for it, but never use it.
 

Attachments

  • image-47348840.png
    image-47348840.png
    918.2 KB · Views: 20
  • image-3147228393.png
    image-3147228393.png
    964.4 KB · Views: 14
Those are great old mowers and will just about last forever with regular maintenance even if you can't find parts anymore. I have a 34" Model 68 that looks very similar. Replaced a few belts, a bearing, tie-rod, the coil, tires and welded some worn steering gear teeth and an axle flange since I've owned it. That one looks in excellent shape! :thumbsup:
 
Thanks. I gave $200 for this machine. Had to re-build the carb, and buy a new deck belt. Don't see too many with the twin blade decks.
 
My Model 68 has two 17+" blades, hence 34" cut. The Model 66 has a single 30" blade. Yours is pretty rare for this style mower with a 38" cut.
 
I agree with the comment that these RERs are built very heavy. I bought an SX 75 that needed some lovin' for $100.00, and then a little RX 72 for parts. Nicely built, and heavy, especially for how big they are.:cool::biggrin:
 
Back
Top