John deere LX172

Chuck21

Forum Newbie
I have a j.d. lx172, and am having difficulty starting it. Can anyone tell me where I can find wiring schematics for this unit?? The unit cranks just fine but I'm getting no fire to the coil. I think it's the solid state circuit board in the dash because the wire to the coil is dead from the s.s.c.b. Any HELP???
 
Last edited:
Thanks for moving my thread. I don't likke throwing parts at anything, I hope I can find some help.
Chuck21
 
I believe even on this model you can still remove the blower housing and unplug the wire on the ignition module. Crank the engine with the wire disconnected, and see if you have spark. If no spark, then bad ignition module.
 
I just looked at my original thread and I said, "wire is dead to my coil", but I meant the voltage supply is dead to the ignition module from the solid state circuit board. I'll try unhooking my I.M. to see. You CAN still unhook the I.M. from this unit. Thank you fror the information!!
Chuck21
 
I have a j.d. lx172, and am having difficulty starting it. Can anyone tell me where I can find wiring schematics for this unit?? The unit cranks just fine but I'm getting no fire to the coil. I think it's the solid state circuit board in the dash because the wire to the coil is dead from the s.s.c.b. Any HELP???

it's usually the little silver spark regulator on the side of the engine.
 
Back
Top