John Deere LT160 wont start

I sprayed some fluid into the carb and still nothing new. I am thinking its something stupid simple like popped fuse or anything like that.
when this problem first came up I went to start it and the flywheel would make about one turn and stop dead like it hit a wall. then you could spin the flywheel backwards then start it and same thing.
So I tore it down to the flywheel and it just freed itself some how and did not do it anymore but still just cranks with no start
 
All along I've been wondering what caused the key to shear. Most often a sheared key is caused by an abrupt engine stop where the flywheel inertia overcomes the forces of the two tapers the shaft and flywheel are assembled with.

QUOTE: when this problem first came up I went to start it and the flywheel would make about one turn and stop dead like it hit a wall. then you could spin the flywheel backwards then start it and same thing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is going to be difficult to diagnose over the internet so if what I said in an earlier post doesn't work it will have to be shopped. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

"If after setting valve lash the compression still won't blow your finger from the spark plug hole it is time for a trip to a reputable small engine shop".
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AW Heck, I forgot about that compression test so I guess It's like killing 3 birds with one stone.:laughing:

A valve could be stuck open or if its a overhead valve engine it could be a pushrod problem.
Christ, how big is this stone!? :laughing:
 
Christ, how big is this stone!? :laughing:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh it gets bigger. Nearly the size of a meteor since at the same time we are also testing the ignition switch, solenoid, safety switches related to cranking and maybe the head lamps. I don't think it covers the tire pressure:laughing: Let me know if I omitted anything.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh it gets bigger. Nearly the size of a meteor since at the same time we are also testing the ignition switch, solenoid, safety switches related to cranking and maybe the head lamps. I don't think it covers the tire pressure:laughing: Let me know if I omitted anything.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
It also tested the gauges, warning lights, battery, and the ability of the owner to turn the key! :laughing: So, it killed 11 birds with one big, big stone!
 
It sounds like your piston push rod has broken and that's why you have no compression and all the other symptoms. May be repairable but probably not.
 
Back
Top