John Deere Lt155 K51 Tuff Torq Service Kit

JBASport

Threads
Thanks for that. Terry

davis2

Threads
Those units are known to strip the splined input shaft. Could that be part of the issue? I have a Sabre that happened to. Haven't had time to repair it yet.

JBASport

Threads
Thanks. I have checked that. It appears the pump faces are the issue allowing oil to pass when it shouldn't. Consequently losing power. Rebuild needed I fear.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Way back in post 2 you got a plan
Pull it off remove the fill /drain cap carefully
Tip upside down for 24 hrs to drain most of the oil out
Refil with a heavier, thicker engine oil, even a cheap supermarket 25W 60 should give you a couple more seasons for £ 20
SO then you should have 3 years to decide what to do
Note the heavy oil is the proverbial banana skins in a noisy diff bodge that would do Arthur Daily proud but usually works for 2 to 5 years and the parts are already throw away condition

JBASport

Threads
Way back in post 2 you got a plan
Pull it off remove the fill /drain cap carefully
Tip upside down for 24 hrs to drain most of the oil out
Refil with a heavier, thicker engine oil, even a cheap supermarket 25W 60 should give you a couple more seasons for £ 20
SO then you should have 3 years to decide what to do
Note the heavy oil is the proverbial banana skins in a noisy diff bodge that would do Arthur Daily proud but usually works for 2 to 5 years and the parts are already throw away condition
Thanks for that Bert. Take care, Terry

Hugeroost

Threads
Hey Terry, I would pull 16oz out of it and pour a bottle of Lucas transmission stuff in there, that's about all you can do at this point. There is a guy on here somewhere that you can send the parts to and he rebuilds it and sends it back. He may be on ebay too, but it's a 100 bucks. It could be youtube I saw him on too. Here in Texas you can buy a complete mower for 200 bucks with a bad motor and yank the tranny

JBASport

Threads
Hey Terry, I would pull 16oz out of it and pour a bottle of Lucas transmission stuff in there, that's about all you can do at this point. There is a guy on here somewhere that you can send the parts to and he rebuilds it and sends it back. He may be on ebay too, but it's a 100 bucks. It could be youtube I saw him on too. Here in Texas you can buy a complete mower for 200 bucks with a bad motor and yank the tranny
Thanks for that. Yes you are lucky to be in Texas, everything costs a fortune over here! :(

JBASport

Threads
I decided to take the cover off the Tuff Torq K51 to check the filter. However after previously draining the the unit by removing the plug and turning upside down and letting it drain fully over 2 days. I then refilled it with Triax Trans Zero 20w 50. I purged it and ran it around the grass for about an hour. It was still hesitate, so decided to remove it, drain it and split the housing so I could check the filter. However the oil came out very cloudy, like it was emulsified. Which I fould strange as it had only had about an hours running. The oil I used can be seen in the foil cup in the images, totally different to that in the tray and in the filter, again in the pictures. I am going to replace the filter and refill, but worried the oil might do the same. I welcome advice on what could be the problem? Thanks, Terry

Attachments

• Oil 4.jpg
    Oil 4.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Oil 3.jpg
    Oil 3.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Oil 6.jpg
    Oil 6.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Oil 5.jpg
    Oil 5.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Oil 7.jpg
    Oil 7.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Tuff Torq K51 Serial Number.jpg
    Tuff Torq K51 Serial Number.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 3

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You need to use ENGINE OIL not transmission oil which has a high film strength so bubbles created will take a very long time to pop
I did mention what to use

STEVES

Threads
I decided to take the cover off the Tuff Torq K51 to check the filter. However after previously draining the the unit by removing the plug and turning upside down and letting it drain fully over 2 days. I then refilled it with Triax Trans Zero 20w 50. I purged it and ran it around the grass for about an hour. It was still hesitate, so decided to remove it, drain it and split the housing so I could check the filter. However the oil came out very cloudy, like it was emulsified. Which I fould strange as it had only had about an hours running. The oil I used can be seen in the foil cup in the images, totally different to that in the tray and in the filter, again in the pictures. I am going to replace the filter and refill, but worried the oil might do the same. I welcome advice on what could be the problem? Thanks, Terry

In USA, From Gardner, my cost, Rebuilt a few with good luck. Pay attention to that pin!! Good Luck!

MFG, Part #DescriptionAvailabilityList PriceYour Price
TUF, 19216899461 Repair Kit (k51bcf K56a B) In Stock $600.20 $408.14