John Deere LT 150 wont start

typennies

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking for a bit of help on this one as I am stumped. My father gave me his LT 150 last fall. It ran like a top. Throughout the winder I would start it every month to get the belt moving etc... Always ran perfectly. went to start it for the spring cleanup a few weeks ago and it wouldn't start at all. Backfiring occasionally, so I changed the plug. spark looks solid, and still wouldnt start. Figured it was a fuel issue, so I changed the filter and put in new fuel. Still nothing. Cleaned the carb and bowl. And got it running for about 2 minutes with starting fluid. Sounded really rough. It stalled out and now I can't get it to go at all. Im baffled on this one as its getting plenty of fuel, and has spark.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ty

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
The solenoid on the bottom of the bowl is not operating is my first guess.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
1) but an in line fuel tap & fit it between the fuel tank & fuel filter or pump wher you can get at it from the carby side.
2) turn off the fuel tap, remove the float bowl and solenoid turn the ignition on & off it should go all the way in every time you turn the ignition on
3) remove the main jet & emulsion tube make sure both are clean.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is no solonoid on the bottom of the bowl. Any other ideas?

You said plenty of fuel and spark...that leaves air
The air filter is stopped up with dirt.

If that is not true, then you really do not have plenty of fuel or spark.

The fact that it started with starting fluid indicates fuel problem. You provided fuel with the spray and it ran.
Is the choke closing?

You have to narrow it own to either fuel, spark, or air.