Engine John Deere LA140 with Briggs&Stratton Engine-23 HP

Hawk1

Forum Newbie
Mower is running rough and sometimes dies out. 2006 Mower with 200 hours on the engine.

Appears to be a fuel issue.
Cycled through fuel, changed spark plugs, changed air filter, loosened gas gap and have changed fuel filter twice.

Do I need to take this tractor in or is there something else that can be done.

Thanks,

Hawk1
 
POSSIBLE CAUSES:

Engine Runs Rough Or Stalls

Engine hand throttled lever not pushed forward.

Plugged fuel filter.

Plugged air intake system.

Fuel cap vent dirty.

Faulty seat switch.

Stale or improper fuel / fuel level / water in fuel.

Dirty or faulty fuel injectors.

Low coolant temperature. See your John Deere Dealer.

Fuel pump not functioning properly. See your John Deere Dealer.
 
And rough ?
That is what I see when I look in the mirror every morning before I take my beauty pill.

Rough is what the water is like every time I take a boat out.

Rough is where my ball lands every time I try to ruin a good walk by playing golf.

But rough is not a description of an engine running that is of the slightest use to people who can neither see nor hear it running.

Does it miss ? blow dark smoke ? blow light smoke ? cycle up & down, not reach full revs ?
 
Ok I see the make and HP now on top of the title LOL

Your fuel lines could be flapping on the inside of them or one of them. That is a common thing with the ethanol gas now a days. A few bucks to change them might do you some good.

CJ Landry you from Henderson area or Abbeville ??
 
you got a point there Boudreaux, i am now running nothing but premium gas in my small engines ; the ethanol plays heck on my stuff:thumbdown:.. take a qt mason jar and put the gas in i, let it sit for about 15/30 minutes and watch it interface out; that stuff tearing up alot of small engines :thumbdown:
Try a little seafoam helps keep your carb cleanUOTE=Boudreaux In Eunice La.;277446]Ok I see the make and HP now on top of the title LOL

Your fuel lines could be flapping on the inside of them or one of them. That is a common thing with the ethanol gas now a days. A few bucks to change them might do you some good.

CJ Landry you from Henderson area or Abbeville ??[/QUOTE]
 
Back
Top