John Deere LA 100 and D 100 Series Blades

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Has anyone ever found side discharge ( only ) blades for these 100 series tractors? They come standard with a combination discharge / mulch blade and don't do either very well.

I had a part number note on my phone a few days ago someone posted but upgraded phones and lost the number. IIR the P/N started with an Axxxx.

EDIT: I believe I may have found them.
John Deere Hi Lift (Bagger) Mower Blades (42-inch cut)(Set of 2) - AM141034
 
Last edited:
According to the picture they are the same as what comes on a new mower. ie, they have a second negative wing that counter acts the discharge wing like they are attempting to make them a dual purpose blade. That's what I'm attempting to get away from.

Thanks for the link and that confirms why I'll have them in my hand rather than ordering because green parts store and lowes show different blades having the same part number.
 
Last edited:
I have 3 separate John Deere brand blades for my LA 42 inch deck. The 3n1's that came with it. Mulch blades and hi-Lift blades. But, they all sit on the shelf and I run with my Gators. You should have no problem finding the part numbers for the JD blades at greenpartsstore.com and the gators at any tractor supply store.
As far as the hi-lift blades go, they do not recommend using them without a bagger..

"Important: Use of this blade without the rear bagging attachment will result in an unnecessary load on the engine and produce poor grass dispersal."
 
I have 3 separate John Deere brand blades for my LA 42 inch deck. The 3n1's that came with it. Mulch blades and hi-Lift blades. But, they all sit on the shelf and I run with my Gators. You should have no problem finding the part numbers for the JD blades at greenpartsstore.com and the gators at any tractor supply store.
As far as the hi-lift blades go, they do not recommend using them without a bagger..

"Important: Use of this blade without the rear bagging attachment will result in an unnecessary load on the engine and produce poor grass dispersal."

Does your hi lift have the number on them AM141034 ?
 
Yes, Those are the ones. They are great for bagging. It was like night and day when I went from y OEM 3n1's to these. No more shoot clogs.

John Deere Hi Lift (Bagger) Mower Blades (42-inch cut)(Set of 2) - AM141034

Thanks Jhon
Being I have a lowes about 30 miles away I'll stop and check with them the next trip that direction to see if they are screwed up with their numbers. The picture they show definitely are not hi lift blades.

Shop John Deere 2-Pack 42-in Bagging Mower Blades at Lowes.com
 
Back
Top