John Deere L120

patnbo

Forum Newbie
I have a 05' L120 with 300 hours and its starting to smoke and the engine is getting noisy. I think I'm loosing a rod bearing or something catastrophic. I've always changed the oil twice a year and kept it running cool and clean. I'm looking at replacing the engine. Any advice?
 
well if you do it now and not wait till something happens you can rebuild the engine thats on it if you can do the work yourself then it should be alot of money i would think even with a new rod it should be cheaper then buying a new engine
 
Hi patnbo

Welcome aboard here hope you enjoy it as much as i do there is a lot of knowledge here for you. I'm with Scott i would tear it down and look and see what it need to repair it and see how much it's going to cost. Then you can go from there if it cost to much just purchase a new engine instead of repairing it. If you are doing it yourself anyway. It might not be worth repairing. :licking:
 
Back
Top