John Deere L100 Rider Won't turn over

knoah70

Forum Newbie
Blade disengaged. In neutral. Sitting on mower. Battery charged. I already replaced the seat switch. Fuse good. It will not turn over at all. What else could it be?

Thx,
Ken
 
Blade disengaged. In neutral. Sitting on mower. Battery charged. I already replaced the seat switch. Fuse good. It will not turn over at all. What else could it be?

Thx,
Ken

I would check all the safety's first off .... un plug the the ing switch jump the starter and see if it rolls over ....U could have a bad solenoid also
 
I would check all the safety's first off .... un plug the the ing switch jump the starter and see if it rolls over ....U could have a bad solenoid also

What is the ing switch? Fast learner, but I don't know what that is.

How do I test the solenoid?

Honestly, it used to take about a second to start to crank, like the battery was dead, before it stopped cranking at all. You may be on to something here.
 
What is the ing switch? Fast learner, but I don't know what that is.

How do I test the solenoid?

Honestly, it used to take about a second to start to crank, like the battery was dead, before it stopped cranking at all. You may be on to something here.

ING is short forum for ignition switch
 
ING is short forum for ignition switch

So let me get this straight, I unplug the ignition switch (probably two wires) then jump the battery to the solenoid using like a pair of pliers (rubber handle)?

Seems like I had to do that with my old mower a time or two...
 
Your ignition switch (key switch) will have more like 5 or more wires, there is likely a plug on the back of it, Unplug it and re-plug it see if things then work...

You Should have the Same voltage as the Battery on the Large terminal of the starter solenoid.
With the Key switch held to start, you should have 12 volts applied to the Small terminal on the starter solenoid. That is what energizes the starter solenoid.

the starter solenoid can be checked By jumping from the battery positive to the Small terminal On the solenoid... if the battery is good, and the starter is good, and the battery cables are good... it will crank the engine. :smile:KennyV
 
Back
Top