john Deere JS46

joem154

Forum Newbie
Threads
I cannot start my John Deere JS46. I prime by utting gas into the carb and then it will run until that gas seems to run out... then it stops. The gas tank is full with fresh gas.

Joe

Threads
Do you have the primer bulb on it ??

Shoot me your model number of the engine....... I think I know your engine that you have..

joem154

Forum Newbie
Threads
There is no primer bulb (sadly). I put gas in the carb and it ran until that fuel ran out. I don't have a "model" number, just what info I gave. I disasmebled the carb/reassembled it, cleaning it out … but no luck :(

Threads
Ok........ what side of the engine is the carb on when you are behind the mower ???? The left side of the engine or the right side ??

Threads
Ok when you had the carb apart did you have a white piece in the middle of it when you took the bowl off ??

Is it a metal carb or a plastic carb ??

The model number should be next to the carb on that metal plate..........

joem154

Forum Newbie
Threads
It was a plastic float inside the bulb. There was no model number on the carb :( I assume that's where I would have seen it (not found)

Threads
Yep all the newer carbs have plastic floats.... I was referring to a something else..... Is the carb itself a plastic carb or the metal carb ???

The model number of the engine should be next to the carb on a metal plate on the front of the engine...... Or on the valve cover..........If you have the engine I am thinking of ~!~!

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!