John Deere is stuck

I don't think you have any problem. Turning the pulley by hand does make the axles seem very slow. Also, if you hold one axle it will stop turn, just like you experienced with the key missing. Try holding both axles, one with a vice grip and one by hand. I'll bet you will feel a lot of resistance in the one your holding by hand.
 
Finally got back to working on the Deere tonight. After draining the old oil, adding new and reinstalling the tranny. I still couldn't get it to move. I jacked the rear end of the mower up and pumped the mower forward and reverse many times to prime the new oil. Finally the wheels started to spin. I let it back down on the ground and the mower propelled itself forward and reverse. Thanks for all the help. What could have been an expensive repair job was done for less than 30 bucks.
 
Finally got back to working on the Deere tonight. After draining the old oil, adding new and reinstalling the tranny. I still couldn't get it to move. I jacked the rear end of the mower up and pumped the mower forward and reverse many times to prime the new oil. Finally the wheels started to spin. I let it back down on the ground and the mower propelled itself forward and reverse. Thanks for all the help. What could have been an expensive repair job was done for less than 30 bucks.

I'm glad you fixed it! :thumbsup:
 
Finally got back to working on the Deere tonight. After draining the old oil, adding new and reinstalling the tranny. I still couldn't get it to move. I jacked the rear end of the mower up and pumped the mower forward and reverse many times to prime the new oil. Finally the wheels started to spin. I let it back down on the ground and the mower propelled itself forward and reverse. Thanks for all the help. What could have been an expensive repair job was done for less than 30 bucks.

:thumbsup: Great result - nothing like that feeling of being able to fix something that's broke........:cool:
 
Back
Top