John Deere D110 Surges at all throttle positions

jkrieger1

Forum Newbie
I have a JD D110 and the motor surges up and down through all throttle positions. I can see the governor rod moving back and forth. The mower only has 80 hours on it. I have done all the required mtc on the mower so far. Any Ideas on what might be causing the surge problem?
 
Did you get a completely new air filter? If so your engine is getting too much air and when you get crud in your filter it will return to normal.
 
I have this model as well with almost 150 hrs on it.

I would check the oil first to make sure it's at the proper level then check fuel flow from the fuel pump. If fuel flow is good then clean the carb.
 
I have this model as well with almost 150 hrs on it.

I would check the oil first to make sure it's at the proper level then check fuel flow from the fuel pump. If fuel flow is good then clean the carb.

I checked the oil level and its slightly higher than it should be. Also do I disconnect the fuel line at the carb and crank it?????????
 
Yep just make sure you have a suitable container for the fuel to go into.

OK will do! THANKS.
I forgot to mention that this was only a problem until it warmed up. But 2 days ago I ran out of gas completely and when I refueled I put stabill in the gas and now the problem is constant. Seems to be not quite as bad when its under load and the deck is engaged.
 
Yeah mine has done that since day 1 but stabilizes after a few minutes. You may have picked up some sediment/debris from the tank when it ran out of gas.
 
Back
Top