John Deere D110, good price?

Lumberjake

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just moved to Missouri and got about an acre to mow. I've been pushmowing it but I'd really like a rider to make my life easier. Plus it's hard to drink a beer while pushmowing. ?

A neighbor of mine is selling a John Deere D110 with 193 hours on it for 1,000 dollars. Said he's had it for a few years and changed the oil every year.

Is 1000 a good price for it?

How many hours can I expect to get out of it if it's taken care of properly?

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Engine should be good for 2000 to 3000 hrs
Tranny about 500 to 1000 hours ( change the oil at 500 hrs to 20w50 for more life )
Chassis almost indefinate
There is a reason why JD's cost more

Lumberjake

Forum Newbie
Threads
Engine should be good for 2000 to 3000 hrs
Tranny about 500 to 1000 hours ( change the oil at 500 hrs to 20w50 for more life )
Chassis almost indefinate
There is a reason why JD's cost more
Good to know. Does the price sound fair?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Price seems fair if the belts are good and you can trust what he tel you. If the belts aren’t worn or cracked, I’d buy it and I don’t really care for JD.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mowing mostly level ground? Fairly smooth turf? I think this mower has a T40 Tuff Torq hydro unit which is a light duty non-serviceable transmission, some last, some don't.

Mower King

Threads
Just moved to Missouri and got about an acre to mow. I've been pushmowing it but I'd really like a rider to make my life easier. Plus it's hard to drink a beer while pushmowing. ?

A neighbor of mine is selling a John Deere D110 with 193 hours on it for 1,000 dollars. Said he's had it for a few years and changed the oil every year.

Is 1000 a good price for it?

How many hours can I expect to get out of it if it's taken care of properly?
Why is he selling his mower? Most people keep a good mower, unless they need to up-size or down-size. In other words....most used mowers are, well used, so check it out good!

Lumberjake

Forum Newbie
Threads
Why is he selling his mower? Most people keep a good mower, unless they need to up-size or down-size. In other words....most used mowers are, well used, so check it out good!

It's all flat. No hills whatsoever.

The guy selling it want to get a bigger zero turn He's a good friend of a good friend, and used to be a mechanic. I believe what he says.

Mower King

Threads
It's all flat. No hills whatsoever.

The guy selling it want to get a bigger zero turn He's a good friend of a good friend, and used to be a mechanic. I believe what he says.
Sounds like he's up-sizing / up-grading.....so that JD has to be better than using a push mower!

Lumberjake

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like he's up-sizing / up-grading.....so that JD has to be better than using a push mower!
Most definitely!

Was mostly just making sure I was paying a fair price for a decent mower.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Mower King

Threads
Most definitely!

Was mostly just making sure I was paying a fair price for a decent mower.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
Enjoy the mower.....I have seen people that like to mow their yard with a lawn tractor or even a push mower.....some say it's like therapy for the mind!