John Deere 425 lawn mower broken drive shaft PLEASE REPLY FAST

walker187

Forum Newbie
So, my neighbors are gone on a cruise and they hired me to mow their lawn. I was mowing the lawn in rows and I turned off the blades every time I near the road to turn around (in case I accidentally hit the pavement and damaged the mower). As I'm setting up the mower to make the next row, I attempt to engage the blades. Instead, I hear this grinding noise. I move it to their drive way to inspect the issue and what I find is the drive shaft end touching the ground... :frown:

I went to the last place I was with the mower and found a piece of the shaft that hold the end in place. It sort of looks like a plug with a metal washer around it, the "washer" was broken as well as part of the plug. I looked around the net and it looks like it may need a new shaft.

What is the best way to solve this? does it cost much to fix? I will try tomorrow to contact them as soon as possible.

PLEASE REPLY SOON!!
 
Depending on what Part is damaged or missing, you may need to replace the complete PTO shaft OR just a part of it... Can you post a picture or 2... ? :smile:KennyV
 
Back
Top