John Deere 320 riding lawn mower electric problems.

joeljoel

Threads
Last year about this time of year I posted that I was having problems with my discharge battery being continuously lit. I never got around to getting it fixed last year so this year the goal is to get it fixed..........So I replaced the battery and the discharge light is still on. I have it just about narrowed down to the voltage regulator being the problem. I've looked around the engine but can't seem to find it. I follow the wires from under the fly wheel but they seem to go to the ignitor. Does anyone know where I might find it?

Model # *M00320XI513??* FD590V-AS00

Thanks in advance

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know that some of the John Deere have a fuse that go's to the voltage regulator. Have you checked that?

joeljoel

Threads
  • / John Deere 320 riding lawn mower electric problems.
Thanks for the responses. I tested the electrical system using a fluke meter. I disconnected the stator wiring from the voltage reticifer. And one of the stator terminal pins got hot and melted part of the 6 pin electrical connector. I still tested it using an ohm reading and I believe its shot. So my next question is do I have to go to the expensive dealership to find replacement parts? Is there an online store that would be cheaper?
Kawasaki fd590v
Thanks