John Deere 265

mullins87

Threads
A local classified site has a JD 265 listed on it. The owner, who admits he hasn't had it long and claims to have taken it in lieu of payment for something, states it is a 13 hp and claims it runs great. The picture doesn't look to bad, and the deck is included. He's asking $250, which makes me wonder what's wrong with it. Tractordata "dot" com states it is a late '80s to early '90s model and should have a 17 hp Kawasaki with a hydro tranny. In the picture, there is only one foot pedal on the right side that looks more like a brake pedal, and there appears to be a shifter on the fender.

Does anyone have knowledge of this model? This is not a model I've even heard of, much less know anything about it. How suitable would this model be for light garden tractor duty? What do you think of the price, provided it runs and the deck is usuable?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
$250 is cheep for any rider mower...
eBay has LOTS of parts for that JD mower... so if it has nothing terrible wrong with it, you should have an okay older lawn tractor... :smile:KennyV

mullins87

Threads
I think it was a good price too, but it's already gone. I wasn't interested in it as a riding mower, I have a 54" JD. I was only interested in it as a light duty garden tractor to replace a Snapper Hydro 18 hp garden tractor. That way I could get the "red" out of the barn and have all "green" machines. :biggrin: