john deere 210 will not start/stay running.

lm002

Threads
Hello all,
I have an old John deere 210 that I got from an ffa auction. When I got it, it ran and I was able to drive it on and off the trailer. Since we had no room at our house, we took it originally to someone else's halouse to hold it for us for a wile. Then when we picked it up from there it ran, but when we finally got it home, itbwouldn't start. I replaced the plug and same thing. I was able to spray engine starting fluidnin to the cubustion chamber behind the plug. It started to start but then nothing. Any suggestions? Anything? Any comments will be helpful, thanks.

lm002

Threads
Update
I am pretty shire that it is getting spark because it will kind of start with the fluid in but it just wont stay running. Is it just not getting fuel? Because I know there is gas in the tank. Please help.

DaveTN

Threads
I'd say the carburetor is gummed up, or has water and sediments in the bowl. Take the bowl off and clean it out. Spray some carb cleaner up into the carburetor and work the float up and down while you do so. The float should work freely and not bind. Other than going into the carburetor, this usually works for me in most cases. Hope this helps.

lm002

Threads
Ok ill try that, thanks