John Deere 116 fails to charge battery

If you have volts going into the box (AC) and none coming out of the box (DC) then replace it. because looking at the photo I don't you taking it apart so easy.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 52
That is not like any factory set up I have ever seen. Maybe someone else has seen it and can help.

If it is meant to be a rectifier it is wrong if it is meant to be a voltage regulator possible
Rectifier ac to dc 4 diodes two ac inputs an a + plus - output voltage regulator use zener diodes two unregulated volts in and two regulated out as per the drawing on enginemans report

PJ
 
I agree with PJ on how it works, but he only has one AC output from the stator, according to his posts and pictures. That is what does not make sense to me.
 
I agree with PJ on how it works, but he only has one AC output from the stator, according to his posts and pictures. That is what does not make sense to me.

.......................................+1...............................................
 
Well I finally solved the problem. It was the diodes that the stator wire goes into. I got one from John Deere and that fixed the problem and my neighbor is a "happy mower" again.
Thanks to everyone who responded.


Mike :thumbsup:
 
Well I finally solved the problem. It was the diodes that the stator wire goes into. I got one from John Deere and that fixed the problem and my neighbor is a "happy mower" again.
Thanks to everyone who responded.


Mike :thumbsup:

I have the same problem as you described, do you have the part number for the diodes you purchased from John Deere?


Rodney1
 
Re: John Deere 116 stator doesn't put out

I have the same tractor and I was wondering if I have messed up my stator when I installed it, but didn't put in a new battery right then, I did put a new one in right after I tested the output of the stator
 
Back
Top