John Deere 115 mower - Briggs Engine

N00bie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Was not sure where to post whether in John Deere or in Briggs. Admin please move if inappropriate here.
Mower starts and runs fine, for about 15 minutes and then dies and will not start. Let it sit awhile and then you can run another 10-15 minutes.
My thoughts: Overheating?
Power-washed and cleaned the engine but had no effect.
Is it a heating issue or something else and what can I do about it?
Thanx for any help and thoughts.

Bertrrr

Threads
Sounds like a fuel supply issue start at the tank and work back to carb , filter - hoses- pump etc

N00bie

Forum Newbie
Threads
I thought fuel too initially but ...
The fuel filter is readily visible. It is full of fuel. Disconnect line and fuel pump is working fine.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sounds an ignition coil heat soaking and failing.

First remove the engine shroud and check for a mouse bed that might preventing air flow. Reassembly and test if it fail to start again check spark at the spark plug while it not starting. No spark means you need a new ignition coil or spark plug.

N00bie

Forum Newbie
Threads
No mouse nest under cover as recently removed shroud to put in new starter. Coincidence? This issue started shoirtly after new starter (but not immediately). Will check for spark when dies.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Ahhh, Check for wires pinched behind the starter.

N00bie

Forum Newbie
Threads
No wires pinched and gas cap vent not plugged.
Wont let me upload a video :(
It has something to do with it getting warm, It runs fine but then just shuts off.
It tries to start (or starts for a second or so) and then shuts off,
That is what is puzzling me - only when warmed up and gets worse the warmer it gets. In other words, when first shuts off, can restart and run maybe a minute, restart and maybe 30 seconds, eventually will start for a second and immediately shuts off. Let it cool and we start the whole cycle again.