John Deer Pulley Problem

tim4

Well-Known Member
I am working on a john deer d105 which has a pulley problem. The variable speed pulley that goes on the shaft of the transmission seems to be missing something. It fits on the transmission shaft fine and there is a spring that goes on top of the variable pulley. There is nothing holding the spring against the pulley and putting tension on it. What is supposed to hold the spring down against the pulley thanks.
 
General Transmissions RT400. JD MIA12482 / GTI GT79244 Kit

Sounds like the spring has failed.
1791274775910.png

1791274301499.png
 

Attachments

  • 1791274093030.png
    1791274093030.png
    168 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
John deer could not find the number but what they found was individual parts mia12482 mia12477 miu13945
Strange Green Farm Parts has the kit.

But believe me you want to look into the GTI kit as it is the transaxle OEM kit and there are aftermarkets of it. There is a small difference in even the OEM part cost vs the JD. $98 vs $146. And the aftermarket on Amazon is $38.
 
Strange Green Farm Parts has the kit.

But believe me you want to look into the GTI kit as it is the transaxle OEM kit and there are aftermarkets of it. There is a small difference in even the OEM part cost vs the JD. $98 vs $146. And the aftermarket on Amazon is $38.
So the gti is after market? I need the pulley also because they are warn and is there a kit that has everything in it that I nneed thanks.
 
So the gti is after market? I need the pulley also because they are warn and is there a kit that has everything in it that I nneed thanks.
No they are the manufacture of transaxle not John Deere just like Kawasaki, Briggs, and Kohler are not made by JD just markup a lot and sold as they were by JD. Actually JD goes thru great lengths to hide the OEM part numbers by using their own part numbers.

GTI is just short for General Transmissions Inc.

Personally I just can't see buying from JD when I can source the OEM parts. Just not paying extra because of the green and gold paint/plastic job. This way I make a better profit margin while saving the customer money too. A win win for both us.
 
Back
Top