John Deer Iteck 6.5hp keeps stopping

Johno99

Forum Newbie
My John Deer mower invariably starts after priming, and 2 or 3 pulls, however it only runs for a few second and stops again. I put in a new air filter. It shouldn't need a new spark plug as it starts ok. I don't have a manual but suspect it may be a fuel problem. Would appreciate advice on how to check. Thanks.
 
My John Deer mower invariably starts after priming, and 2 or 3 pulls, however it only runs for a few second and stops again. I put in a new air filter. It shouldn't need a new spark plug as it starts ok. I don't have a manual but suspect it may be a fuel problem. Would appreciate advice on how to check. Thanks.


You will need to post up the model number for the John Deere and the engine and type numbers for the iteck, before anyone here would be able to give any good answers to your questions.
But you can start by cleaning the carb (jets).
 
Back
Top