JD Smokin and burning oil

Boobalu1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Everone
I own a la 125 John Deere lawn tractor with 80 hrs on it? its burning oil and smoking Plus leaking oil from the fuel pump? I知 guessing its coming from the crankcase?. To much back pressure ???When the oil is topped it smokes really bad then when it burns the oil to half it hardly smokes I知 hoping it only the fuel pump ?lus how does the fuel pump run it has no wire or mechanical to run it ?I also did a compression test and it was 105 ..If anyone can help me with my problem that would be great
Thanks and have a great day
Cheers
Ed

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yea to much pressure in the crankcase. we need to find our how it is migrating in there......

Sounds like you know enough to check the crankcase vent. I'm guessing it is vented through the breather and uses the same air filter as the carb. Did you check the airfilter and crankcase vent?
If you did and it's fine I'm out of suggestions.
What kind fo oil are you using?

DJ660

Threads
What engine does your machine have???? If its a Briggs single OHV model 28,31 or 33 Head gasket is blown. That's the reason fuel pump is blowing out breather and engine is smoking. Do a leak down test.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey Boob, please go back and edit out the foreign language words. All it takes is to re-type what you really said in the place of the garble that's there.

Retiredcarguy

Threads
The leaking of oil and smoking points to a possible bad fuel pump diaphragm, allowing oil transfer. Particularly when the condition ceases after the oil level is reduced. Take the fuel pump off and inspect the same.

Is there also any sign of gasoline contamination in the motor oil? A bad diaphragm may also cause this.