JD LX 277 mower engages then stops

psychobunnyga

Forum Newbie
I have a used JD LX 277. Motor startsand runs fine after a new air filter, but now when the mower is enagaged it only mows about 5 feet then the blades shut off the mototr continues to run. I can shut the blades off with the switch and start them again to mow about 4 feet, then the blades shut off again. Frustrating since I have 5 acres to mow. Any ideas what my issue might be?

thanks!
 
If your battery charge is low or the charging system is weak, the electric PTO clutch may not hold.
Common with many brands of machines. Just a thought.
 
I have a used JD LX 277. Motor startsand runs fine after a new air filter, but now when the mower is enagaged it only mows about 5 feet then the blades shut off the mototr continues to run. I can shut the blades off with the switch and start them again to mow about 4 feet, then the blades shut off again. Frustrating since I have 5 acres to mow. Any ideas what my issue might be?

thanks!

Does the brake switch kill the blades on that model?
 
Back
Top