JD GS30 Walk Behind Stopped running in Middle of Cutting

Mikejaros

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / JD GS30 Walk Behind Stopped running in Middle of Cutting
I have a JD GS 30. Walk behind Mower Starts and works flawlessly till today. In middle of cutting grass simply stalled as if ran out of gas. Had about 3 gallons in tank. checked cut off and disconnected the supply line from engine gas flowing well. Took out spark plug and replaced with new one. Tested the plug for spark by grounding against frame and there was very good spark. Shot some either in cylinder replaced plug and pulled and pulled nothing. not even a resemblance of firing. poured some fresh gas in carb. pulled and pulled ... nothing. Re checked the spark plug again by grounding against the engine frame there still is a good spark. Pulled with the plug out to clear any excess gas out of the cylinder replaced the plug... pulled and pulled.... nothing What I do not understand if there is a spark why does it not fire? just for a second or two? Any help will be appreciated. I changed the oil end of last season and looks like new...

Mikejaros

Forum Newbie
Threads
UPDATE: Tried starting this morning and mower started up. I had the plug out to let the gas in cylinder evaporate overnight. But it runs rough. Will run perfect for 5 seconds then sounds like it is starving for gas starts to miss fire and black smoke comes out of the muffler this lasts 2 seconds then it runs fine for 5 seconds and the cycle continues over and over. sounds like carbonation is there a quick fix or must the corroborator be rebuilt?

Mikejaros

Forum Newbie
Threads
UPDATE 2:

Removed carburetor Cleaned with carburetor Fluid inside and out. Was not dirty inside at all... I reinstalled Seems to work fine. With no missing. But, Could have been just because engine was cold after I reinstalled it... Not sure to early to tell. I think symptoms were Awfully strange. So has Verdict is still out... If I make no other posts, the carburetor cleaning is all she needed. I think it was flooded first time that is why it would not start... Again awfully strange...