JD 2003 L120 with B&S Engine Cranks But Won't Start

Threads
My job involves cleaning up bank-foreclosed properties after the tenants have vacated. One of the perks is I get to keep pretty much anything I find (and I have found some wild stuff!), after reasonable (and documented) attempts have been made to contact the previous owners. At a rural property I worked recently, I discovered a 2003 John Deere L120 lawn tractor abandoned in a shed. I jumped the battery and was able to drive it onto my trailer after re-inflating the tires. Once back at my house, it refused to start even after jumping so I manhandled it into my workshed.

To date, this is what I have done to it:
replaced battery
removed and cleaned fuel tank (was full of dirt and other debris)
flushed/replaced the fuel lines
replaced fuel pump
replaced spark plug
changed oil and filter
replaced fuel filter
replaced air filter
removed and cleaned carberator.

Now it will crank but will not start. The motor spins but won't engage. I am thinking it may be the fuel solenoid, but not sure. The engine is a B&S Model 331877 0241 B1 Code 11093020 Any suggestions? Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Grab a can of carb cleaner and use it like stater fluid
1) SMALL squirt down the plug hole
2) small sot down the carb throat.

Carb cleaner is a lot easier on the engine than the regular starting fluid
You can remove the fuel solenoid and check it is working by turning the engine on & off while watching the plunger .
It should snap back the instant you turn the mower on .
THey can be "cleaned" by spraying with carb cleaner and manually moving the plunger but avoid the rubber tip.
Some seem to be polarity sensitive some don't

If the engine fires with the spray down the plug hole that shows the timing is good
If the engine fires with the spray down the carb that shows the valves are working.

Do you have a spark on it ?
small animals seem to like nesting under mower blower housings & munching on the kill wires .