Jacobsen vintage manor starter assembly

ericjacobsen

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need a Jacobsen vintage manor starter assembly or whole engine ...these are the two stroke types...hard to come by...let me know. Or if you know how to fix these let me know...

ericjacobsen

Forum Newbie
Threads
You obviously didn't read my post and look at pictures...I need the wind up starter not an electric starter...

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don’t go biting the hand that’s trying to help you!!! Because of your misspelling (manor) I also took it for a motor starter. Have worked on one of those in 30+ years and cannot remember how they came apart. If I remember anything about these old mules they are not that difficult to repair. Probably going to have to disassemble to find out what’s wrong and go from there. Could be something as simple as pawls being stuck, because some one tried to grease them and they attracted dirt.

ericjacobsen

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's basically the recoil is jacked. I would love if I could just ship it to someone so they can fix it. And the metal cable needs to be anchored into the pulley better. Also once starter is fixed reinstalling it isn't so simple either. Check out my pictures:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think this might be the manual for your unit which might help in the future. It contains a parts breakdown for your unit. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/915905/Jacobsen-Lawn-Queen-21.html?page=7#manual.
In the past I have found Jacobsen to be extremely helpful when trying to find NLA parts. I suggest you contact them, with all available numbers. Make sure that you let them know up front that you are restoring. Just like us unit numbers make a big difference when trying to help people. https://www.jacobsen.com/owners/support

ericjacobsen

Forum Newbie
Threads
So are you saying they have these vintage parts as long as you have actual part numbers? This machine is very old there little to no chance they have these...

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No I’m not saying that. I’m saying they have helped me in the past when I couldn’t locate parts or manuals I needed. I have not worked with them for over 10 years, but asking them if they can help you is something I’ve learned from 50+ years of working on small engine equipment. By the way your unit was built in the late 40’s to early 50’s.

ericjacobsen

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am think of replacing whole thing with a Wisconsin Sheave with rope start then I don't have to mess with this starter which seems like the biggest problem with these reel mowers. I just need to know the thread info on my existing shaft...