Jacking Lawn Tractor

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you used a scissor jack to raise a lawn tractor to do blade maintenance ?

TonyPrin

Threads
I use either my Big Red hydraulic 2-ton jack or my MoJack 550 hydraulic jack. With the Big Red hydraulic I use jack stands for extra safety.

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I use either my Big Red hydraulic 2-ton jack or my MoJack 550 hydraulic jack. With the hydraulic I use jack stands for extra safety.
Same here except I have the Big Red 3 ton

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use my 3 ton floor jack & then add a jack stand for extra safety.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Of al things when raising and lower the mower make sure the brakes are off and the transaxle(s) in neutral/bypass mode. This is so the mower can move forward or backwards as not the slip off the jack. Then while raised block the wheels. Depending the setup jack stands are a plus for safety.

Here I use both floor jack and regular mower front end lift depending what I am doing. There are times I raise the front of the mower with a floor jack, put jack stands under the axle and remove the floor jack depending what I got to get done. ZTRs usually require a different lift jack due the frame designs.

Basically it is safety first especially when you work by yourself.

GearHead36

Threads
I have an automotive dual-post lift that I'd like to use, but so far, I haven't figured out how to, other than hooking a chain to it, and lifting with the chain.

I use a floor jack and jack stands, or car ramps, depending on the job. I use car ramps unless they would be in the way for the job I need to do.