It's impossible to buy a front tire!

msaeger

Active Member
I can not find a front wheel for my old Sears rider.

All the stores I go to just have wheels for hand carts which might work but aren't the same size.

I have been going to hardware stores, mega home improvement stores, and today I went to northern tool.

The rim I have does not have a filler and the tire that was on it was solid and has no markings.

What kind of store should I be looking for? I haven't been to a dedicated mower place because I haven't seen any that are open when I can go.
 
Find a good tubeless solid or airfilled might have to buy new rims for it. not to expensive at all dedicated mower shop will be a good place also take it to an auto tire store as they can usually order in good tires
 
Did you try Sears? If they don't have the exact tire, they may have a replacement wheel w/ tire that will fit your rider.
 
The model is 5/25. The parts page on sears.com says it is not available. I know I could order one on the internet but I didn't want to wait. I will probaby have to just rig up something so I can mow and order one.
 
I went to a mower place today and they could order a wheel that would fit for 80 bucks. The one they could order was a little different too I would have needed a spacer on the side of it because the width of the rim was different. They had a mower junk yard so I dug through that and found a couple wheels that had a slightly larger outside diameter and were air filled. I think they are from a tiller?

My axel is 5/8 and these are 3/4 so I am going to figure out some kind of spacer. I mowed with them on today and it worked fine.

Both for 15 bucks though.
 
That was my first thought just have to find piece. Menards only will sell 10' lengths and even if I wanted that big of a piece it wouldn't fit in the ford focus I was driving :)

They had shorter pieces of PEX so I got one of those to see if I can do anything with it.
 
You can also go to most Any hardware store ... 5/8 x 3/4 bushings are common hardware pieces...
:smile:KennyV
 
The bronze bushing would be best it is harder and impregnated with oil for lubracation. You can drive it in by hammer. Home Depot and Lowes also have them. Just ask some in hardware.
 
Back
Top