Engine It Keeps Getting Better

vabear

Threads
The Old (well one week old) 247288842 rider and today I mowed, shur her down,waited for her to cool off and then went to putt her away. key in ignition, turn and NADA, not a sound, tried again, same result. Lifted seat and discovered that the nut and bolt connecting the negative battery cable had gone elsewhere for employment, replace both and she lived. half way to the shed, she backfired, so I shut her down, checked fuel level (low) added fresh fuel, restarted her and now she will fast idle, but not accelerate, cannot make engine RPM climb so she moves not fore or aft. Getting dark so I pushed her home (50 feet). I added some HEET to the fuel as I was concerned that condensation had made its way into the fuel (but she should have at lest backfired or surged). Tomorrow I will restart her and see if anything changes, but it feels like the throttle cable linkage, (accelerator to carburetor butterfly is broken or disengaged. Sears Tech guys come out to Mi Casa Wednesday.A two beer day.

As Jimmy Buffet said "if we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

vabear

Threads
Bit the bullet and gave her back, picked up tomorrow and bought a #288851 true hydrostatic drive machine (Husqvarna build), cost me #34.000 more than the MTD, POC I just sent back and free delivery.

Threads
Bit the bullet and gave her back, picked up tomorrow and bought a #288851 true hydrostatic drive machine (Husqvarna build), cost me #34.000 more than the MTD, POC I just sent back and free delivery.

Nice! Hopefully you are more happy with the mower you are going to get!

vabear

Threads
Sent the POC back and now owna 917 28851 42" cut, hydrostatic buit by Husqvarna, what a difference a few weeks makes, and it only cost me $34.00 to upgrade.

Threads
Sent the POC back and now owna 917 28851 42" cut, hydrostatic buit by Husqvarna, what a difference a few weeks makes, and it only cost me $34.00 to upgrade.

Nice! Could you post some pics?