It can't be this easy.

rutbuster1

Threads
M# LGT2654
Product # 960450047
S# 061815A031116

Briggs 407777 0274 G5

It used to have a Kohler twin cylinder on it. But switching to a Briggs from a JD. This is just going to be for pulling a yard trailer. No electric PTO anymore or deck, since the Brigg's has the smaller crank, from a JD that had the manual PTO lever.

First off, I still have a ways to go before I fire it up. I still have to tighten up the engine mounting bolts, connect the throttle and choke cables etc etc

When trying to sort out the wiring harness, One plug matched up from the Husq to the Briggs. For grins, I turned it over and had spark. Surely this can't be that simple, can it? That the husq that came with a Kohler is going to have the same plug connections for a Briggs?
The last time I did an engine swap there was more to it than that. But it's been so long, I've forgotten what wires and plugs I had to switch out. I remember the purple wire giving me the most trouble.

Oh, I almost forgot, I robbed the key switch from the JD that the Briggs came off of.
Sometimes, it is just that easy. Then on the other hand, sometimes it isn't that easy. Count your blessings. lol

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got into about same thing recently removing aq Briggs Intek from a Cub Cadet and Installing a Kohler.

Removed the motion drive pulley and PTO from the Brings onto the Kohler, wiring plugs interchanged, minor wiring to the starter because the Kohler does not use a external starter solenoid BUT
was more user friendly to just buy the correct used Kohler muffler for the frame instead of trying to mod the Briggs muffler and also set the Briggs engine with muffler back as a spare after it was re-built.

What a headache this has turned into. I decided to lengthen the tail pipes so they'd reach at least 1/2 in into the muffler that fit. I finally got that done, but now something else is off. I just has to walk away from it for a day or two.

rutbuster1

Threads
What a headache this has turned into. I decided to lengthen the tail pipes so they'd reach at least 1/2 in into the muffler that fit. I finally got that done, but now something else is off. I just has to walk away from it for a day or two.
Sometimes walking away from being frustrated at a problem for awhile is a good thing. I've done it quite a few times for a day or two. Then when I come back to that problem, your mind has the solution and then things just seem like they fall into place. Problem solved. Weird isn't it?