Issue with Kawasaki FC460V engine on 36" Kees

sabre6

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all, wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I have a 36" Kees walk behind with a 12.5hp Kawasaki FC460V engine. I bought used last year, but the best part of the machine was the engine. always started in one or two pulls. new plug, oil last year. Sat with no fuel in it over the winter.

Over the weekend, after starting in one pull and doing backyard, went to front, and on the way the engine softly died (sounded like ran out of gas, but there is gas). After that, I am unable to start it up at all. Confirmed it is getting gas (well, at least that the gas line is not clogged). I am thinking maybe the cap on spark plug cable could be at fault, but just a guess and why go all of a sudden with no warning? I have also found a slow oil leak, but oil still in engine.

Any clues would be much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

talley2191

Threads
If you're getting fuel next step is spark. Could have a fractured wire to the plug. Sounds like an inexpensive first step and really is a maintenance item to many.

sabre6

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you're getting fuel next step is spark. Could have a fractured wire to the plug. Sounds like an inexpensive first step and really is a maintenance item to many.

Thanks for the reply. Actually, i know fuel is getting through to the filter, not sure beyond that. After pulling many times, I do not have a strong flooded, or gas smell, which I thought was odd the more I think about it.

For the wire, would the easiest thing to do be to buy a cable and replace? or after inspection, read up a testing for the spark?