IS2600Z Starting problems

neighborbill

Threads
Just got an update from the dealer on my machine. It seems that the dealer (Ferris) isn't that familiar with my cutter. They had to call Ferris for technical help. They think it is the key switch. Of course, they don't have one in stock an have to wait until Ferris sends them out. I asked about the oil light staying on. I was told "one thing at a time".
This is not what I had expected when I purchased the very expensive machine. So I'll be down for at least another week maybe longer. Good thing it is for my personal use. If I needed it for my work, I'd be up the creek without a paddle.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve found a starter relay on one of the diagrams, with number, but I’ve not found where it connects on any of the wiring harness diagrams. It’s not uncommon for manufacturers to include all parts on their diagrams but never use it on certain units. I’m beginning to think this is the case here, but the only way to be certain is to talk to a Ferris tech representative. Most times this is only allowed by authorized service shops, unless you’re lucky. I’ll keep searching, but don’t hold your breath, lots of brick walls. I would be asking your dealer where the starter relay shown in the diagram is located.

neighborbill

Threads
Got it.
When I get it back, I'm going to make up my own schematic.
One that works.

neighborbill

Threads
It's been almost a month now since I took my Ferris in for a warranty repair. I called the dealer again yesterday and he surprised me by saying that the Cutter was finished and he was just waiting for Ferris to approve or his work. In other words, my cutter is being held until he gets his money. I think they call that ransom. I've never heard of such a thing before. This is an authorized Ferris dealer.
I didn't get into with them but I'm guessing that if Ferris won't pay in full, he'll demand that I pay the rest or possibly all of it.
This dealer is also a Kubota dealer and has been around for a long time. I'm going to get the cutter back before I say or do anything, but I'll never go back here again.
Has anyone ever come across this kind of situation before?

neighborbill

Threads
This is my last post on this subject.
I called the dealer again. He's had my cutter for over a month. I told him I was coming to pick it up this afternoon. Then he told me that Ferris had not paid him for the his work and was not going to give me my tractor back until someone paid him. When I told him that he was holding my cutter ransom and that his argument was with Ferris, and not me, He said that I didn't buy it from them and was still keeping the cutter. I told him that I would pay out of my pocket and then i would call Ferris and tell them what he did.
I arrived at the dealer. He told me he called Ferris again and that they were processing his claim . He released the cutter to me. No receipt, no old parts. Just drove it around and left me standing there.
This experience has really soured me on this Ferris/Kubota dealer. I'm not sure who is at fault here, but I got stuck in the middle of it. Warranty on Ferris ????? Be careful when you purchase. Don't know if I'll ever have another warranty claim, but it sure as heck won't be at this dealer. Nor will I buy anything from them in the future.
I will finish this up by writing a letter to Ferris in Texas. Some one needs to know how this authorized Ferris Dealer is working his shop.
By the way, I found him buy using the Ferris Authorized Dealer Locator Network on the internet.
I'm home and unloaded and having a beer to relax my nerves.