IS2100z seems to lose power

ToddN

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an is2100z and lately after mowing about 35-40 minutes it seems lose power. You can hear the engine is bogged down and it slows to a crawl. I let it sit for an hour or so and start the process over. Any insight or thoughts? Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Next time try pulling the choke on very slowly
If that improves the performance then you have a fuel problem
If it makes no difference then you have a valve or ignition problem .

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks, but its fuel injected.
That's what's fun about new mowers. When fuel injection works its great. When it doesn't it's not so great. From what you describe the engine is good mechanically it probably has an issue with fuel or spark which is controlled by the "box". You have inputs to it and outputs from it. Is it a failing sensor giving incorrect data or is it out putting bad control signals to devices or is an output device failing? Without the proper tools and documentation everything is just a guess. Let us know what the dealer finds.

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
When it bogs down and loses power does the malfunction indicator light come one or even flicker? If it dows thendoes then there will be DTC logged in the ECM. You can read these code via blink codes as per the attached. Once you have the DTC post them here and I will assist you further.

If the MIL does not illuminate then it is not an EFI issue but a mechanical or fuel supply issue. FIRST thing I'd check, based on what you have described, its the breather for the fuel tanks. This vents to atmosphere via a fuel filter which is hidden behind the engine on the IS2100Z.

Attachments

• DTC Read.png
    DTC Read.png
    344.9 KB · Views: 4
  • DTC List.png
    DTC List.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 4

Pete6114

Threads
Not sure if this mower has a vented tank cap or not. Something to check into though and make sure it's not plugged up

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
Not sure if this mower has a vented tank cap or not. Something to check into though and make sure it's not plugged up
The fuel caps are sealed. The Is2100Z has a breather line linking the two tanks which then vents to atmosphere via a 84001895 fuel filter

ToddN

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I picked this up yesterday after 5 weeks at the dealer. First they said they couldn't find anything but then said the fuel pressure was on the low end of specs, so they changed the fuel pump. Did not fix it. Then they said the compression was low and they sent the heads to a machine shop to have the valves re-cut. Did not fix it. Then they said the governor was the problem. That seems to have fixed it. I mowed about 4 hours yesterday with no issues.

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
Well I picked this up yesterday after 5 weeks at the dealer. First they said they couldn't find anything but then said the fuel pressure was on the low end of specs, so they changed the fuel pump. Did not fix it. Then they said the compression was low and they sent the heads to a machine shop to have the valves re-cut. Did not fix it. Then they said the governor was the problem. That seems to have fixed it. I mowed about 4 hours yesterday with no issues.
I am glad they resolved it for you.