Is this Exmark Mower a good choice?

TheHobbyFarmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I am a new member to this forum. I am seeking advice about a local Exmark mower that is for sale. I would like to know if this machine would be a good fit for my needs.

I mow 6 acres total of flat and open area (myself and 2 neighbors). I currently have a John Deere Z445 54" zero turn and it takes me approximately 4-5 hours to complete. It has been reliable for the 45 hours that I have owned it. I'm hoping this Exmark will reduce my mowing time and be very reliable, but the machine was made in 2005...should I be concerned about the age? Will the rubber, gaskets, seals, ect be needing replacement being 15 years old.

The mower has 700 hours on it. Do the components below make up a great machine? Is this considered a commercial grade mower?

Exmark Lazer Z (LZ27LKA604)
60" deck
Motor: Kawasaki 27 hp FD-750D/BS-03 (liquid cooled)
Transmission: PJ-1GAB/TL
Hydrostatic Pumps: Two Hydro Gear PJ
Wheel Motors: Parker TL

NorthBama

Threads
The Lazer Z with the Kawasaki engine in my opinion is the better ones Exmark makes. 700 hours if it has been serviced regular still has many hours of good service

Last edited:

Born2Mow

Threads
Welcome Aboard !

Exmark is simply a high-end Toro, and the Lazer Z is one of the top models. If it looks well cared for, then it could be a good deal.